Thursday 15 May 2014

Work Record - shoot 9

Plans for the shoot
For this shoot i have based it around close-up of horses features, in my unit 3 i done a similar shoot to this however it wasn't all close-up as my topic was different to now. I plan to photograph specific features of the horse such as the nose and the eyes, this is because i want to be more specific and be able to capture more of the colours and the individual hairs and skin. after looking at my last photographer i analysed i also want to get some close-up eye images, i know this will be quite challenging as i will be outside therefore i will have to depend on the weather and also the lighting in order to get reflections etc.
What i hope to achieve
I hope to achieve a range of images which will enable me to edit them in specific ways which portray close-up detail. i would like to get a few different angles of pictures of the eyes as this way i can put them together in one photo, i hope this will be effective as this is and idea i just came up with. I would also like to put a lot of the images in black and white as i think this will look effective and i want to have this specific style for this shoot. I think it will fit in nicely as well because the shoot will be to do with horses.
What i achieved 


The two images above are two images i achieved from this shoot i based around horses. The overall images were a bit different to what i had originally planned as i always seem to come up with more ideas when on location doing my shoot. I like the image at the top because this shows close-up well of the horses nose, i think its very detailed and i like how i have specifically focused on the nose of the horse as this goes against typical features such as eyes. The next image is another image i like a lot even though its not a close-up as the other image i still consider it to be. I have specifically put it in black and white as this is something i originally said i would do and overall i think it has worked out well. I did manage to get some images of the horses eye, however i wanted to include this to images in my work record instead as i found them attractive.
What i will do next time 
If i was to do this shoot again i would definitely try out some new techniques and locations, for example i have seen some techniques which include the horse having a black background like they are in a studio, this is something which i find appealing however i am not quite sure how to achieve this effect, however it is something i look forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment